Wednesday, October 26, 2011

China Glaze Near Dark w/ It's Alive on top!

I am feeing better today! Thanks to all my lovely FB, Blogger and real life friends that gave me support and love! I am back today with 2 of the polishes from China Glazes 2011 Halloween Collection~Haunting. I used Near Dark first. ND is a jellyish forest green...the first coat was a streaky mess and I usually get serious anxiety from this kind of polish. The second coat went on much smoother, I could have used 3 full coats but I decided instead to just touch up the edges where the polish had not become fully opaque yet. I ended up really LOVING the end result! ND was deep and glossy and just lovely and despite the somewhat minor application issues, I can see myself using this one on it's own again! I added 1 coat of It's Alive, a swampy green  glitter with micro and hex glitter. IA has a base similar in color to Near Dark as well! I love the look of these two layered, it is such an appropriate combo for Halloween! enjoy! xoxoxo~Rach















2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love both of these colors so much!!! and I'm glad they aren't just a "halloween" color, they are perfect for fall and winter!! oh & i think you're right about it being super close to NARS Zulu!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a great combo! I just adore this China Glaze!